Saturday, August 6, 2011

Will she soar...



At time's if you look very closely you might have seen me wearing this beautiful pin.  Well there is a story behind this and I think its about time I share it.


For my birthday my friend gave me this pin.  She told me when she saw it it reminded her of me, and that I would be the prefect person for it (and its something I would totally wear).  But it was not just a pin to wear, it was a gift with a meaning.  She told me I needed to let my heart soar, and well she might be right about that one.  I am not the type of person that wears my heart on my sleeve, in face I try and hide it as much as I can.  I like to keep everything to myself, and not let anyone in, I hate showing I'm in pain or sad.  Its just not me, (its kinda my weakness).  I am just happy go lucky Kaitlyn.  You see my heart is locked up in a safe surrounded by a steel door with gun men surrounding it, and they key is down in the deepest, darkest hole in the bottom of the ocean.  I have been very stubborn about keeping it that way.  But truth is, I cant dream, hope, love, feel, or reach with my heart locked up.  So its about time I let some guards down, let my gun men go home,  unlock that door and retrieve my long lost key and set my heart free.  Tell people what I have to say, dream how I want to dream, and reach for what I want to accomplish.  After all, my heart is no good locked up.


Never thought you could get all that out of a pin right...      


So now when every you see me wearing my pin,  know that I am living free, and my hear it out there soaring and I am happy! I like it this way so much more!




p.s. thank you Hannah!

4 comments:

  1. Nice. Pins are awesome. I think the nature of being very closed about our "feelings" is common in the fam kait. I wouldn't necessarily view it a bad thing, however, I agree that sometimes its good to let some people in. Kinda scary cause it makes you seem vulnerable, but it has rich rewards! (trust me i know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn. You have no idea how much that post means to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest sister ever! Letting it all out is a hard thing, but believe me, people want what's inside your heart.

    ReplyDelete